EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Philip Rivers and the Los Angeles Chargers are still hanging around in the AFC playoff hunt.They had to sweat out a 14-7 win against the New York Jets on Sunday, but they’ve been playing with little room for error all season after an 0-4 start. They’ll go into next week’s showdown against Oakland needing one more win — and a little more help elsewhere.”That’s all we can ask for at this point, starting 0-and-4, digging the hole we dug, is to be alive in Week 17,” Rivers said. “All those games you are sick about at this point, but you’re excited to have a chance.”Rivers threw a touchdown pass to Antonio Gates, and Melvin Gordon ran for a score for the Chargers (8-7), who entered the weekend needing to win both of their remaining games. Rivers & Co. held up their end of things, but just barely.Los Angeles had a tough time getting much going consistently against a spirited effort by the defense of the Jets (5-10), but didn’t need much offense in this one. Rivers finished 22 of 40 for 290 yards.Tennessee (8-7) lost 27-23 to the Rams, and Buffalo (8-7) fell to New… Read full this story
- NFL playoff picture: Seahawks, Packers lead wild NFC race; Bills clinch AFC playoff spot in Week 15
- The current AFC playoff picture
- NFL Week 15 Picks: Duck Hodges and Steelers Projected to Win vs Buffalo Bills and Stay In Playoff Picture
- Here’s How Patriots Can Win (Or Lose) AFC East Crown Vs. Bills
- Who's in the NFL Playoffs 2019? Updated Standings and Postseason Bracket after Week 15
- What makes the Baltimore Ravens so dangerous ahead of the NFL playoffs?
- Thursday Night Football odds, line, spread: Ravens vs. Jets picks, best predictions from expert who's 8-0
- Packers, Bills, 49ers, Seahawks could clinch playoff berths
- Trent Green: ‘Key For Chargers Is Trying To Shut Down Dalvin Cook’
- Which 2019 NHL playoff teams are in danger of missing this season?
Chargers stay in AFC playoff mix with 14-7 win over Jets have 329 words, post on www.usatoday.com at December 24, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.