MANILA, Philippines — “I didn’t expect anything even during the judges audition. But to make it this far is already an honor… I want to fight for my dream and push myself harder.” That was Deniel Sarmiento sharing his thoughts on his entry to semi-finals round of Asia’s Got Talent (AGT) Season Two in an e-mail interview with this writer. Beatboxer Neil Rey Garcia Llanes, musical artist Fitri Cerado and dance group DMX are the other Pinoy acts who have made it to the circle of semi-finalists. Like every dreamer out there, they wish to secure a grand finals slot and win the competition. “I’m a self-taught dancer,” said Deniel of his love affair with dancing. “My first formal training was at Ballet Philippines for one month. Now I’m a scholar of G-Force. My mentors are my sister and Teacher Georcelle.” The kind of dance Deniel has shown on AGTS2 stage is categorized as contemporary. “(It’s) more than just a dance,” he said, “because, for me, contemporary dance has helped me find who I am, and how I can express myself and I just let go of the negative things in life. And just being free is the best part… Read full this story
- Lady Gaga accidentally scratches Ariana Grande's eye during passionate dance rehearsal for Rain On Me music video...in new behind-the-scenes clip
- 'He's gutted to not be physically there': Simon Cowell to MISS Britain's Got Talent semi-finals over timetable clash with US version caused by COVID-19
- Nigerian boy’s barefoot ballet performance went viral. Now a New York dance school has offered him a scholarship
- Moving on from Marco? Topless Laura Carter passionately kisses Evelyn Ellis in erotic hot tub display after causing outrage by appearing to have sex on Big Brother
- Made In Chelsea's Tiffany Watson puts on a passionate display with a hunky mystery man as they lock lips during trip to the beach in Antibes
- Vanessa Hudgens flaunts her killer physique in a leopard one piece as she dances to TLC in the rain...in video taken during trip to Turks and Caicos
- Sorry Bruce, but this show has a spring in its step again: JACI STEPHEN reviews the Strictly Come Dancing final
- Consolidating solidarity through the circle of Xoe dance
- Mother, 28, who continued POLE DANCING 37 weeks into her pregnancy claims the tough workout stopped any 'morning sickness or fatigue'
- TV BAFTAs 2020: Bruno Tonioli shows off a VERY different look as he sports new silver locks while accepting Strictly Come Dancing's award
Deniel brings passion for dance to AGT semis have 431 words, post on www.philstar.com at November 24, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.