Police are investigating the body of a man found along the banks of the Delaware River Thursday morning near Old New Castle. The man, approximately in his mid-20s, was found floating in the water near Battery Park about 7 a.m. by work crews, New Castle Police Chief Jamie C. Rogers said.The man was fully clothed, Rogers said. The body was turned over to the medical examiner to determine a cause of death and to be properly identified. Agents from multiple agencies were in action early in the morning inside Bull Hill, a park at the northernmost end of The Strand. Several neighbors said they walked down to where police had taped off the scene and came away believing there’d been a suicide off the Delaware Memorial Bridge. More: Man turns self in on peeping charges in Wilmington More: Health executive claims marital problems sparked lewd behavior at UD Delaware River and Bay Authority spokesman Jim Salmon said no one has jumped off the bridge recently. He said the Authority is not involved in the case.”There’s been a body or two found there,” said Bob Colburn, who could see the morning’s scene from his backyard. “It’s always sad, but I didn’t think it was something that happened… Read full this story
- Murder charges filed in New Castle slaying
- New Castle murder probe remains open
- New Castle man, 40, pleads guilty to raping 16-year-old girl he met through dating site
- New Castle County, DRBA quietly wage battle over airport land
- Three arrested in New Castle slaying
- Man’s body pulled from DuPage River near Shorewood; search continues for woman
- Man’s body recovered from Spicket River in Lawrence
- Man’s body pulled from Connecticut River
- British holidaymaker, 53, dead in Canary Islands after body found 'floating in hotel swimming pool'
- Decomposed body found in Hudson River
Body of man found floating in Delaware River in Old New Castle have 301 words, post on www.delawareonline.com at November 2, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.