Raheem Sterling celebrates after scoring for Manchester City vs West Brom. © AFP Sergio Aguero was left waiting to become Manchester City’s outright all-time leading goal-scorer as his side remained five points clear at the top of the Premier League table on Saturday. Aguero was named on the bench as City saw off West Bromwich Albion 3-2, having failed to surpass the club record of 177 goals he shares with Eric Brook during a midweek League Cup penalty shoot-out win over Championship side Wolves. There were three goals in a frantic five-minute spell at The Hawthorns on Saturday.Leroy Sane produced a stunning strike to give City a 10th-minute lead only for West Brom’s Jay Rodriguez to equalise soon afterwards. But come the 15th minute, City were 2-1 up after Fernandinho let fly with a speculative shot that deflected off Gareth Barry and went in off the post.City substitute Raheem Sterling gave the visitors a two-goal lead with a close-range finish in the 64th minute only for the Baggies’ to pull a goal back late on through Matt Phillips after a defensive blunder.Second-placed Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur started the day level on points but Jose Mourinho’s men edged ahead after substitute… Read full this story
- Who Will Win the Premier League?
- Why Liverpool will/won't go unbeaten in the Premier League
- Liverpool vs Everton, Man City vs Man Utd picked as Premier League TV fixtures announced
- Why are some of the Premier League's big clubs struggling?
- Michael Owen labels Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp ‘lucky’ for winning Premier League start
- Charlie Nicholas drops Man Utd vs Liverpool prediction ahead of Premier League clash
- A Quick Premier League Review of Season 08-09
- Fantasy Premier League tips: Biggest transfer ins and outs for GW9 - Mane over Salah?
- Paul Ince fires Premier League title warning to Liverpool about advantage over Man City
- How to watch Premier League fixtures on Amazon Prime for free as December games announced
Premier League: Manchester City Maintain Lead, Arsenal Rally To Beat Swansea have 323 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at October 28, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.