PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images When you think about burnout, you probably associate it with imagery of people working long hours at overly-demanding jobs. You think of people collapsing as a result of too much work. You may also think of burnout as a hairline breaking point past peak performance–as if you just put too much effort into the work, went too far, worked too hard. This a mythical stereotype that brings with it a misconception. It assumes a close relationship between burnout and productivity. In fact, you can actually struggle with burnout before attempting to get any work done whatsoever. Burnout has more to do with how we feel about our work than the actual work itself. It is about the paralyzing stress and anxiety associated with work. And everyone has different associations with their work habits and stress. You can struggle with feelings of work anxiety and overload without ever getting a work task done. How is it possible? It’s all in your head. We tend to associate anxious feelings at work with being busy and confuse feeling busy with being productive. We confuse the unproductive anxious stress, with the growth stress we feel when we try to solve… Read full this story
- Controlled burn clears land at Bennett Spring Savanna Preserve
- Time Blocking Tips Top Experts and Scientists Use to Increase Productivity
- Ten invasive species Mainers should know about as we head into spring
- NJ weather: Wind chill advisory effect for NJ. List of NJ warming centers
- It all begins with a lit match: Long odds in hunt for forest fire culprits in Indonesia
- What to do before, during and after a power outage
- Braising is the most flexible, foolproof path to meltingly tender meat
- S.C. Mayor Says ‘Yellow Sticky Substance’ on Her Car Was Sprayed by Vandals, Police Say It’s Just Pollen
- POLITICO Playbook: Pelosi on Omar: Comments were ‘not intentionally anti-Semitic’
- Will Hurd Has Defied Both Liberals and Donald Trump. Is He the Future of the GOP, or a Party of One?
It’s Possible to Burn Out Before You Start–4 Tips to Prevent It have 332 words, post on inc-asean.com at October 4, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.