- Van Ho District – Son La Province: Where Traces of Ancient People Are Kept
- Son La Province succeeds in vaccinating women, children
- Declaring the conclusions of the Minister Hoang Tuan Anh at the meeting with the leadership of Son La province
- Son La Province invites investment for 21 projects
- Son La province’s military and defense work checked
Son La (VNA) – The northern mountainous province
of Son La has suffered from heavy human and property losses caused by
torrential rains and floods triggered by a tropical depression.
As of 4pm of November 11, floods had claimed
five lives and injured three people while three others remained unaccounted
About 160 houses were damaged in the districts
of Phu Yen, Van Ho, Muong La, Moc Chau and Bac Yen.
Floods also wreaked havoc on more than 180ha of
rice, 48ha of other crops and hundreds of livestock and poultry in Son La.
[Photos: Heavy rains flood central coastal localities]
Roads to six communes of Phu Yen district along
with two bridges in Gia Phu commune of this district were ruined.
Floodwater completely isolated six communes of Van
Ho district, namely Chieng Yen, Suoi Bang, Lien Hoa, Muong Men, Song Khua and
Muong Te. It also inundated some sections of National Highways 37 and 43 and
left the 35kV power system in Phu Yen and Bac Yen districts out of order.
It is forecast that heavy rains measured at around 100mm will
continue in areas from Son La southward to the central province Nghe An until
October 12 noon.-VNA