The Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit (JCPAA) has recommended the Australian government mandate the Australian Signals Directorate’s (ASD) Essential Eight cybersecurity strategies by June 2018 in a bid to “save organisations considerable time, money, effort, and reputational damage compared to cleaning up after a compromise”. The February launch of the Essential Eight saw the agency update its Top Four mitigation strategies that were published initially in 2011 and made mandatory by the Australian government in 2013 . In its report, Cybersecurity Compliance Inquiry based on Auditor-General’s report 42 (2016-17) , JCPAA highlighted that the ASD believes the Essential Eight are so effective it “considers them to be the cybersecurity baseline for all organisations”. The recommendation is one of 10 made by the committee in its report [PDF] which also includes further action from the Attorney-General’s Department (AGD) on cybersecurity matters. One such recommendation is that the Auditor-General considers conducting an audit of the effectiveness of the self-assessment and reporting regime under the Protective Security Policy Framework, which was developed to assist Australian government entities in protecting their people, information, and assets, at home and overseas. Similarly, the committee wants the AGD, alongside the ASD, to report annually on… Read full this story
- "Putting students at risk": Ed. Sec. warns against opposing COVID mitigation amid Delta surge
- Diverse Boards Propel Successful Companies -- Three Strategies To Expand Pipelines
- Teachers unions split on endorsing vaccine mandates
- Why America’s Largest Teachers’ Union Refuses to Support Vaccine Mandates
- Mayor David Martin Issues Vaccine Mandate For City Employees
- As some parents protest school mask mandates, experts urge students to keep face coverings on
- The Calls By College Faculty For Mask And Vaccination Mandates Grow Louder.
- Gov. Ducey blocks money to Arizona schools mandating masks
- Biden Admin Looks to Civil Rights Office in Fight Against GOP Governors’ School Mask Mandate Bans
- Arizona governor blocks cash from schools mandating masks
Committee recommends mandating ASD's 'Essential Eight' mitigation strategies have 304 words, post on www.zdnet.com at October 25, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.