Satirical sketch show “Saturday Night Live’ took the Emmys by storm on Sunday, winning three early awards in a ceremony marked by multiple jabs at U.S. President Donald Trump. After the show’s most-watched season in 23 years, Alec Baldwin won the comedy supporting actor Emmy for his withering impersonations of Trump, while Kate McKinnon was a winner for her spoofs of his presidential election rival Hillary Clinton and White House aide Kellyanne Conway. “Saturday Night Live,” which airs on Comcast Corp’s NBC, also won the Emmy for best variety sketch series, while Melissa McCarthy’s turn as former White House press secretary Sean Spicer won her an Emmy last week. Spicer, who resigned in July, was a surprise guest at Sunday’s Emmys, appearing with his podium to declare that the Emmys telecast would attract the largest audience ever. Period. Trump loomed over the ceremony. “The biggest TV star of the past year is Donald Trump – and Alec Baldwin, obviously,” said Colbert, who has relentlessly attacked Trump on his “The Late Show.” Colbert joked about Trump’s multiple Emmy nominations but zero wins for his reality shows “The Apprentice” and “The Celebrity Apprentice,” before he decided to run for the White House…. Read full this story
- Saturday Night Live Pokes Fun at Trump's Ebola Comments With Thanos Joke
- Pete Davidson is all-smiles with John Mulaney at Saturday Night Live party after apologizing for suicide joke amid mental health concerns
- Pete Davidson Wants to Leave 'Saturday Night Live' Because 'They Make Fun of Me on It'
- Saturday Night Live: Host Jennifer Lopez slips into her iconic 2000 GRAMMYs Versace gown as she jokes she looks 'better now than I did 20 years ago'
- The Suicide Squad's Pete Davidson Says He Should Be Done With Saturday Night Live
- Is 'SNL' on Tonight? Watch John Mulaney Host 'Saturday Night Live' Again
- Saturday Night Live: John Mulaney Hosting, New And Improved Pete Davidson
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Cold Open: Democratic Candidates Offer Crazy Solutions To Coronavirus Outbreak
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host John Mulaney
- Saturday Night Live writer Katie Rich suspended from show for tweeting that ten-year-old Barron Trump will be ‘this country’s first home-school shooter’
'Saturday Night Live' wins big as Trump jokes dominate Emmys have 374 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 18, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.