- Vietnamese students win 25 prizes at U.S. piano contests
- Vietnamese students win scholarships to University of Queensland
- World Mathematical Olympiad 2017 The Vietnamese
- Nhandan Newspaper – Nearly 600 Vietnamese students attend International Mathematics Tournament of the Towns
- Shoot for the stars: Vietnamese student wins silver at astronomy contest — ED
The Vietnamese delegation also gained the third position in the competition.
Students Duong Phuc Quang and To Huynh Phuc of Tran Dai Nghia High School for the Gifted in Ho Chi Minh City earned two bronze medals.
7 bronze mdeals went to Pham Quang Minh, Nguyen Khac Hong Hai, Ho Vu Minh Khang, Nguyen Hoang Phuc, Truong Cong Huy Hoang, Le Nguyen Bao Huy of Tran Dai Nghia High School for the Gifted; and Nguyen Cao Minh of Nguyen Hue Secondary School in HCM City.
The Vietnamese team with 12 primary school students whose were chosen from 1,266 students in the city participated in the competition for the second time.
The World Mathematical Olympiad (WMO) is the International Championship for Elementary and Middle School students aged 8-11 years old and is held annually in a different country. The first WMO was held in 2009 and has been organized in 30 cities in 10 countries around the world with the participation of thousands students.
WMO breaks the traditional format of math competitions by challenging contestants to apply innovative methods to solve problems using creativity, teamwork, and intuition. The competition integrates science, technology, engineering, and the liberal arts, inspiring students’ natural curiosity to connect with their world.