Even in a red state like Texas, a transgender bathroom law, known as Senate Bill 6, has caused a tremendous amount of controversy in the capital city of Austin. The state senate, led by Lt. Dan Patrick, is working to vote on the bill during the last week of July as the 30-day special session moves closer to ending. The issue has sparked emotional debate on both sides of the aisle. The Texas senate Democrats voted almost entirely against the bill, with only one voting in favor. However, things seemed to have stalled in the state house, where establishment Republican speaker Dan Patrick is refusing to move the bill through committee according to The New York Times. The bill has become a somewhat sensitive topic in the Lone Star State. If passed, it would override city and county authority over the issue and require transgender individuals at public schools, government buildings, and public universities to use the restrooms of their biological sex after growing parental concerns about the nature of allowing anyone into a bathroom. With growing pressure from left-wing advocacy group and progressive businesses, even the Republican-controlled state legislature seems to be caving. The state house is considering a… Read full this story
- Funny Top Ten Lists - What Do Men and Women Find Funny?
- Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Consumer Bankruptcy Filings on the Rise in Texas
- Hollywood is STILL sexist: Study reveals women spent half as much time on screen as men in films released in 2017 and 2018
- Take Positive Steps to Protect Your Relationship From the Strain of Infertility
- Immature Men and Picky Women - The Battle of the Sexes in the Modern World
- How to Protect Your Child From the Harmful Impact of Stress
- Do Men Still Objectify Women? Don't Call Me Babe
- Learn Exactly What Single Christian Women Want in Single Christian Men to Date and Marry
- Candida Unveiled - Why Yeast Infection Occurs More Often in Women
- Foreign Women - How to Avoid International Dating Disasters While Finding the Foreign Lady You Love
TEXAS Having A Tough Time Passing Bathroom Bill To Protect Biological Women have 329 words, post on www.dailywire.com at August 9, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.