Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is growing increasingly frustrated with the Trump administration and could quit before the year is through, according to reports. Two sources familiar with Tillerson’s conversations with friends told CNN over the weekend that he has grown so frustrated with President Donald Trump and his administration that there may soon be a “Rexit.” The change in Tillerson’s tone followed a stressful week for the secretary of state. He was found to have violated U.S. sanctions against Russia while working as CEO of Exxon Mobil. Also, Trump publicly assailed one of Tillerson’s fellow Cabinet members, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, saying he regretted hiring him. Tillerson, the sources said, viewed Trump’s comments as unprofessional. Early Monday, Trump again attacked Sessions on Twitter, calling him “beleaguered” and wondering aloud why he wasn’t investigating Trump’s campaign rival Hillary Clinton. Before last week, Tillerson had strongly maintained he would see through his task of reorganizing the entire State Department after Trump’s March budget proposal laid out plans to cut $10 billion from its roughly $47 billion in funding. But that resolve seems to have dimmed. The sources acknowledged that Tillerson could have been venting after a tough week, but his frustration… Read full this story
- Notable departures from Donald Trump’s White House
- Trump didn’t collude with Russia. So why does he love Putin so much?
- Trump’s UN pick thin on foreign policy, long on political connections
- The presidential interview that wasn't and more... the new revelations from the Mueller report
- 5,000 interviews, 200 indictments, and ONE Mueller report
- Can the Republican Party finally win over minority voters?
- Who were the most influential people a decade ago
- POLITICO London Playbook: Fortnight: Battle Royale — Flip-flop — Sorry seems to be the hardest word
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Google: No collusion! — May on the wane — Macron’s friends and foes
Rex Tillerson Debates Quitting After 'Unprofessional' Trump Bashes Jeff Sessions have 308 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 24, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.