Are Meat Puppets the best band out of Arizona? Thrillist seems to think so. The entertainment and travel website went ahead and chose one band from each state.Its pick for Arizona? The underground legends who found themselves suddenly thrust into the zeitgeist of the post-Nirvana ’90s after being hand-selected by the late great Kurt Cobain to join Nirvana on the set of “MTV Unplugged,” where they performed their own songs. That’s good work if you can get it.Now, a few months after taking their well-deserved place in the The Arizona Music & Entertainment Hall of Fame, they’ve been selected as the best band in the history of Arizona music.As the Thrillist editors explain it, “While ‘Hey Jealousy’ by the Gin Blossoms might be the most immediately recognizable song by a band with Arizona origins — unless you grew up yelping along to Jimmy Eat World’s pop-punk anthem “The Middle” — the Meat Puppets are the quintessential Arizona band.”They might not have the hits of an act like Alice Cooper or the chops of a group like Calexico, but their combination of punk ideals, eclectic taste and untamed spirit speaks to the mysterious character of the Southwest. ”While blending country, hardcore and psychedelic rock, the Meat Puppets have endured longer… Read full this story
- Fast Break: Arizona too good for its own good?
- Baylor band member wants her ‘Voice’ heard
- Week 3 wrap: Arizona is for real
- Arizona shows fight in ‘best win of the year’
- Once-downtrodden Falcons now among NFL’s best
- Sun once again shining on Rodriguez at Arizona
- Rodriguez basking in Arizona warmth
- Ye ‘unbelievable,’ but in a good way
- New coach Gary Andersen maintains Wisconsin’s meat-and-potatoes tradition
- Keeping Young is Rangers’ best move
Are Meat Puppets really the best Arizona band? Thrillist says yes have 283 words, post on www.azcentral.com at July 2, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.