The astounding success of Wonder Woman has made Gal Gadot a household name, and both she and director Patty Jenkins stand to make a lot of money during negotiations for the inevitable Wonder Woman 2. But how much did they make for this blockbuster to start with? While I was personally willing to be outraged by any number as too small, Elle.com presented a very compelling case for my rage when they wrote that there was a discrepancy of $13,700,000 between Gadot and Superman Henry Cavill’s paycheck: Gal Gadot reportedly earned $300,000 for Wonder Woman, while Henry Cavill, as Superman, earned $14 million for Man of Steel. Aside from movie stars, there are regular people who make more than Gadot did for Wonder Woman. Your average anesthesiologist makes more than that in a year. Whu-whu-whut? How could this be? The statistic Elle cited was on Forbes, in an article that discusses “the Batman/Superman pay gap,” the most pressing wage issue of our times. They also mention a post from 2014 from Variety which announced Gadot’s DC Universe contract. Supposedly, she would be paid $300,000 for every film she picked up the lasso for, but it must be remembered that Wonder… Read full this story
- Ali Fazal wishes Gal Gadot, Wonder Woman gives a sweetest reply!
- Gal Gadot Says Its Time For Wonder Woman 1984; Ali Fazal Shares Best Wishes
- ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to release in India on December 25
- Women-only Wonder Woman showings sell out despite outcry
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Breaks Glass Ceiling For Female Directors & Stomps On ‘Iron Man’ With $103.1M Debut – Monday AM Update
- Gal Gadot speaks on the 'cringe-worthy' viral rendition of Imagine she and her A-List pals did amid COVID-19 lockdown: 'I meant to do something good and pure, and it didn't transcend'
- Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot talks about her beauty queen days and how she tried to NOT become Miss Universe: 'It wasn't gonna happen'
- Wonder Woman 1984 will be released both in theaters and on HBO Max simultaneously on Christmas Day
- How Wonder Woman socked it to Hollywood's sexists: Cinemas are filled with girl-only audiences amid record takings despite chauvinist producers saying an all-female action movie couldn't work
- Wonder Woman 1984 to debut in theatres and on HBO Max, Gal Gadot says ‘We’ve waited a long time, Covid rocked our worlds’
Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman Pay Gap Is a Viral Misunderstanding have 376 words, post on jezebel.com at June 19, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.