THE greatest fight in history or a grubby Las Vegas circus act to line the pockets of two of sport’s most arrogant men.Opinion on Conor McGregor’s boxing match with Floyd Mayweather has been polarising opinion long before it was confirmed on Wednesday night.Love them or hate them, fans are going to pay to watch it. And the sums involved to witness a maximum of 36 minutes of action on August 26 are staggering. Keep up to date with ALL the latest Boxing news, gossip and rumours McGregor – who up until 2013 was claiming welfare handouts of around £165 a week – is set to earn £78million for his first boxing match, although a chunk of that will be handed over to his UFC paymasters.Mayweather insisted he would not come out of retirement for less than the £231million he pocketed for his 2015 win over Manny Pacquiao.Once VIP tickets, pay-per-view prices and international TV deals are announced, it is tipped to be the first – and possibly the last – billion-dollar fight.And yet, on paper, it remains the most one-sided walkover in history.McGregor is still waiting to receive his Nevada boxing licence in the post, while Mayweather is one of… Read full this story
- Floyd Mayweather legacy faces challenge from Thai 'dwarf giant'
- Fighter Ricky Simon wins by TKO after final bell at UFC Fight Night 128
- New Movies Encourage Solutions to Serious Issues
- Faith-Based Movies Top Box Office for April
- Top Movies That Present Truth and Hope
- Hartlepool's Savannah Marshall to make professional UK debut next month
- Milos Forman, Chuck McCann and other notable celebrity deaths
- R. Lee Ermey and other notable celebrity deaths
- Avicii and other notable celebrity deaths
- Verne Troyer and other notable celebrity deaths
Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather: Opinion divided between greatest fight ever or just a grubby Las Vegas circus act have 278 words, post on www.thesun.ie at June 16, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.