A North Carolina police department finds itself in some hot water. Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are defending actions taken in a possible case of excessive force, after body camera video emerged showing officers restraining and beating an unarmed man. The incident took place on March 26, 2016, when James Yarborough, a passenger in a vehicle being pulled over in a traffic stop, ran from police, WBTV reports. Claiming that the driver was carrying a weapon, Yarborough decided to flee the scene — but was caught by officers in pursuit. An officer soon placed a gun to the man’s head and said, “I’ll kill you!” After this climactic moment, Yarborough wound up being carried away from the scene in an ambulance, WBTV notes. During the approximately four-minute scuffle, police went as far as using a Taser and elbowing and punching their suspect. He was ultimately placed in handcuffs, but not before police used force on him. The incident was captured on police body camera footage from two separate officers — one of whom fell and was apparently injured in the foot chase. Yarborough told WBTV he regrets running from police, but that the force they used in detaining him was wholly unnecessary. He… Read full this story
- Body camera footage shown in Amber Guyger trial captures chaos after fatal shooting
- Bodycam footage shows officer saving man just seconds from being hit by oncoming train
- Incredible body camera video shows moment newborn girl was found alive in plastic grocery bag
- 5 Vallejo officers fatally shoot man wielding machete, police say
- Horrifying footage shows the moment a man stabs a fellow passenger to death on a bus in a random attack as suspect gets 26 years in prison for murder
- Family Claims Bodycam Footage Shows Slain Rapper Was Asleep When Cops Killed Him
- Bay Area protesters denounce police killings, try to block freeways
- Charlotte, NC, Officer Did Not Turn on Body Camera Until After Keith Lamont Scott Was Shot: Report
- Revolting footage shows a large parasitic worm wriggling around in man's liver after 'he caught them by eating raw watercress'
- Bodycam Footage Shows Vallejo Police Shoot Willie McCoy While Asleep in Car
SEE IT: Body camera footage shows officers placing pistol to man’s head after he ran from police — ‘I will kill you!’ have 345 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at April 25, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.