A Minnesota man who shot five Black Lives Matter protesters has been sentenced to 15 years in prison. CBS News reports that Allen Scarsella, 25, and his crew got into an argument with some protesters who were demonstrating outside a Minneapolis police station after the 2015 shooting death of 24-year-old Jamar Clark by police. Eyewitnesses said that Clark was handcuffed when Police Officer Dustin Schwarze shot him in the head. Schwarze faced no criminal charges. Scarsella, however, was convicted in February of a dozen felony counts of assault and riot in the November 2015 altercation that left five protesters shot. Of course, Scarsella argued that he had been acting in self-defense. But since he’s not a police officer, that defense didn’t fly in the Hennepin County, Minn., court where he was sentenced to 15 out of a possible 20 years in prison. CBS reports that Scarsella’s lawyer argued his client didn’t know what life was like for black people on the north side of Minneapolis, and that his brain “may not have fully developed” because he was around 22 years old at the time of the shooting. The judge, however, was not buying that b.s. and agreed with prosecutors that… Read full this story
- Borat's Bulgarian honey-trap girl: Sacha Baron Cohen character's '15-year-old daughter' in Rudy Giuliani sting is revealed to be glamorous BLM-supporting 24-year-old actress plucked from obscurity
- Man Charged over Fatal Shooting of 19-year-old Friend in McDonald's Bathroom
- BLM activists threaten unrest if Trump does not immediately 'concede' and stop his legal challenges as Biden moves closer to 270 electoral college votes
- Man who saw his mum shot by British police officer fights for justice 35 years later
- Police fatally shoot Black man, sparking violent protests in Philadelphia
- Chilling 911 Call Reveals Moments Before Police Shoot And Kill Stabbing Suspect
- 'Nobody can force me to say something I don't want to': Armed Louisville store owner explains why he refused to bow down to BLM mob when they demanded he repeat 'Black Lives Matter'
- Chaos in Oregon as armed Trump supporters and alt-right Proud Boys clash with BLM protesters: Multiple people arrested as fights break out between demonstrators after huge MAGA vehicle rally drove from the Portland suburbs to Salem
- NYPD: Dozens Arrested During Violent Protests Over Death Of Walter Wallace Jr.
- Video: 'Stop the Steal', Black Lives Matter Protesters Take to Streets in Michigan Cities
Man Gets 15 Years for Shooting 5 BLM Activists Protesting Police Shooting Death of Jamar Clark have 385 words, post on www.theroot.com at April 29, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.