Dennis Johnson didn’t see it coming — the biggest break of his young career.He was too busy, in his small cubicle, breaking down film of Missouri, LSU’s next opponent.Sure, things had changed all around him. The school had fired head coach Les Miles and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and promoted Ed Orgeron. The football building was abuzz. There sat Johnson, in a cubicle reserved for graduate assistants like himself, poring over Missouri’s offense.“They had, like, the highest scoring average in the country,” Johnson said in an interview last month. “They had hung, like, 80 on somebody two weeks before. I’m in there breaking down film, looking at all that good stuff.”He took a break, walked down the hall and bumped into the new head coach.“Congrats!” Orgeron screamed at Johnson, giving him a playful shove. “Outside linebackers coach!”That was it.“He keeps walking,” Johnson said laughing about the memory now.He repeats Orgeron’s words as if they’ll hang with him forever.“‘Congrats! Outside linebackers coach!’” Johnson said. “He had just got the interim head job. You could see it in his eyes. He was so happy. So much joy to get his dream job. You could see it in his eyes. Not like tears, but… Read full this story
- An Ohio State-LSU national title game? A football fan can dream
- Mooseheads coach J.J. Daigneault follows hockey muse to Halifax
- The Krueger Effect: How new Sabres coach has led turnaround
- Edited Transcript of LPLA earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 9:00pm GMT
- NBA’s first female head coach a year away, based on trends
- Edited Transcript of ASGN earnings conference call or presentation 23-Oct-19 9:00pm GMT
- NFL Week 8 previews: Browns try to spoil Patriots coach Bill Belichick’s bid for 300th win
- Many on Gophers football staff shaped by their time at Rutgers
- Model who claimed she's 'too beautiful' to find love reveals she's finally bagged a man thanks to a relationship coach who insists dating MULTIPLE men at the same time is the key
- Kiszla: Calling Nuggets “fun” is condescending. What will force NBA to recognize Denver as a serious contender?
How a guy called 'Meatball' went from LSU grad assistant to full-time position coach have 352 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at April 7, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.