GDPFP Director Duong Quoc Trong said although disparities in the sex ratio at birth have been narrowed, it still averages 112.6 boys to 100 girls. In 2014, the population sector will expand its interventions into redressing the problematic sex ratio at birth imbalance, he said. In a recent interview with the press, GDPFP Deputy Director Le Canh Nhac noted Vietnam’s population is aging at one of the world’s five fastest rates and the country will lack human resources for national development in the coming decades. He said his organization now encourages couples to have a maximum of two children instead of the old motto of “each couple should have one or two children” to meet the labour demand and slow down population aging.
- 4.7 million people to be vaccinated against diphtheria
- Chrissy Teigen blocks over 1 MILLION people on Twitter as her account is 'flooded by sick psychopaths'... after bizarre conspiracy theorists linking her to Jeffrey Epstein
- 1 million people in the UK have quit smoking during the pandemic, survey shows
- Floods in India, Nepal displace nearly four million people, at least 189 dead
- Hong Kong's half million people vote in primaries held by pro-democracy parties
- RoK Ambassador to Vietnam proposes resuming people-to-people exchanges after COVID-19
- India lifted 270 million people out of poverty in 2005-15, says study
- Enormous Corporate Database Leaks Info of 33 Million People
- Third of Bangladesh is underwater after heavy monsoons, leaving one million people marooned, as officials predict worst floods in decades
- World hunger worsening amid coronavirus pandemic; nearly 690 million people hungry: UN report
Vietnam to have 91.3 million people in 2015 have 249 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 16, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.