LOS ANGELES — Blake Shelton won two of the three categories in which he was nominated at the fan-voted People’s Choice Awards Wednesday night – including the all-genre category of favorite album. To win that category, Shelton’s “If I’m Honest” toppled competition from Rihanna’s “Anti,” Ariana Grande’s “Dangerous Woman,” Beyoncé’s “Lemonade” and Drake’s “Views.”Shelton is the first country artist to win the favorite album category in the history of the awards show.“These are artists that move the dial worldwide,” Shelton says of his competition for favorite album. “I’m just going, ‘Golly, me? Really, me? I won?’ Of course I don’t sell as many records as they do, but it shows you the loyalty and the energy of the country fan base out there. This win means everything to me.”With three nominations, Shelton was also the program’s most nominated country artist. He also took the trophy for favorite male country artist but lost the all-genre favorite male artist category to Justin Timberlake.Shelton’s “If I’m Honest” was country music’s top selling album released in 2016 and had the largest first-week album sales of any new album in the genre. The country singer’s popularity is amplified by his popular, long-running role as coach… Read full this story
- The Voice: Blake Shelton shows softer side after Zach Bridges belts out his 2002 'signature song'
- The Voice: Blake Shelton hilariously pranks Kelly Clarkson with 'Don't Speak' song when she talks
- Johnny Vegas showcases his slender frame as he flirts up a storm with the ladies at the TV Choice Awards... after incredible FIVE STONE weight loss
- Double honours for Daniel Taylor as the Guardian wins four SJA awards
- HBO series about Chornobyl wins 10 Emmy Awards
- The inspirational stories behind the Heart Awards 2019 winners
- Sunday Mail Sports Awards: Coach could pick up gold again
- Finalists announced for People's Choice at Norfolk Arts Awards
- J-Lo for the win? Taking an early look at Oscars 2020 frontrunners
- Meet The Jury Of The 2018 Innovation By Design Awards
Blake Shelton has historic win at People's Choice Awards have 332 words, post on www.usatoday.com at January 18, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.