Kuala Lumpur (VNA) – Vietnam and Malaysia are aiming to achieve 15 billion USD in two-way trade by 2020, a goal the two nations’ leaders set, Vietnamese Ambassador Pham Cao Phong told a dialogue with Malaysian importers in Kuala Lumpur on December 8. Attending the event were 20 Malaysian firms which import agro-forestry-fisheries, iron and steel products from Vietnam. Phong said the dialogue aims to acquire feedback to achieve the goal. Participants put forward proposals to increase Vietnam’s exports, including conducting more marketing campaigns at home and abroad and improving the quality of food preservation. Several firms expressed interest in building a processing plant and a preservation warehouse in Vietnam. Phong answered Malaysian importers’ questions and pledged to convey their suggestions to Vietnamese authorities. The embassy and Malaysian firms agreed to establish the Malaysia-Vietnam Trade Office in Malaysia, which will group Malaysian firms doing business in Vietnam. According to the General Statistics Office, two-way trade hit 6.8 billion USD in the first ten months of this year, up 3.4 percent annually. Vietnam exported 2.7 billion USD worth of goods to Malaysia, down 14 percent, and spent 4.1 billion USD on imports, an 18.8 percent increase./.
- Economic think tanks praise Vietnam’s responsive tactics
- Exclusive: Indonesia to increase imports from India amid New Delhi-Malaysia spat - sources
- Vietnam to crack down on ‘Made in Vietnam’ labelling of Chinese exports
- 2020 targets roused by robust exports
- Vietnam slips into $100 mln trade deficit
- Need to increase exports? Try ICT services
- 2020 marks a quarter-century of Vietnam’s ASEAN membership
- Malaysia jails Vietnamese man for illegal logging, reserve encroachment
- Exclusive: Grab, Razer, AirAsia exploring bids for Malaysia digital bank licence: sources
- India Set to Move Towards Chinese Model to Expand Exports, Create Jobs
Dialogue seeks to increase Vietnam’s exports to Malaysia have 291 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 8, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.