The first winner of Mrs. World Vietnam Doan Thi Kim Hong once had the honour to meet and work with newly-elected president Donald Trump in New York City.
At that time, many other countries around the world also wanted to host this beauty pageant. However, in the process of discussion and negotiations, Trump was convinced by the effort of the Vietnamese team and helped to realise this biggest beauty pageant in the universe in Vietnam in 2007.
The Miss Universe pageant was then held successfully in the city of Nha Trang in Vietnam’s central coastal province of Khanh Hoa in that year. Through this beauty pageant, Vietnam’s image, culture, history, economy and people has been widely promoted worldwide through NBC channel.
Kim Hong is very excited at Trump’s victory to become the 45th US president and looks forward to seeing him again in the future.
“As a Vietnamese citizen, I wish the friendship of Vietnam and the US will develop rapidly and sustainably,” she said.
By Khanh Thuy
- US House sends President Donald Trump impeachment articles to Senate
- U.S. Senate to begin impeachment trial against President Donald Trump on January 21
- Pennsylvania Senators Bob Casey And Pat Toomey To Face Off During Impeachment Trial Of President Donald Trump
- Bulbs that make you 'look orange', restricted shower flow: Things bothering US President Donald Trump
- US President Donald Trump considering visit to India in February
- U.S. President Donald Trump terminates preferential trade status for India under GSP
- US President Donald Trump planning India visit in February, says official
- Watch: LSU QB Joe Burrow Presents Jersey to President Donald Trump at White House
- CEO: Beaver County Plant May Close Due To Consequences Of President Donald Trump’s Steel Tariffs
- President Donald Trump's impeachment trial opens