close Video Pollster Lee Carter breaks down the 2016 exit polls A look at the voters that decided the election NATIONAL Donald Trump’s victory today came as a deeply divided country opted for change. His strength among white voters – and particularly working-class whites – led to an impressive performance in the upper Midwest, and he was able to attract enough support from blacks and Hispanics to hold Hillary Clinton at bay. The election was marked by a record gender gap and widespread voter concern about the candidates’ honesty. Trump also weathered concerns about his temperament, qualifications, and treatment of women. Trump won among men by 12 percentage points, while women backed Clinton by 12 points. This 24-point gender gap eclipses the previous record of 22 points, set in the 2000 race between George W. Bush and Al Gore. Trump dramatically improved on Mitt Romney’s performance among men – the Republican won by 7 among men in 2012. Clinton only improved slightly on President Barack Obama’s 11-point margin among women. Plus, women made up 52 percent of the electorate, down one point from 2012 and similar to 1996 and 2000 (52 percent). She won blacks by 80 points, down from… Read full this story
- Women voted for Jeremy Corbyn by a landslide in Labour leadership election, exit poll says
- Long-term Labour members chose Owen Smith by a landslide in leadership election, exit poll says
- Chhattisgarh Election Exit Poll: BJP's longest serving CM Raman Singh set for another term
- Jharkhand assembly election: Exit polls predict slight edge for Congress-JMM alliance in close fight
- Shocked John McDonnell hints he and Corbyn could quit after exit poll disaster
- ABP-CVoter Exit Poll: Jharkhand Stares At Hung Assembly, Tight Contest Between BJP and JMM+
- Counting for 81 Jharkhand assembly seats to begin tomorrow, exit polls predict 'hung assembly'
- Counting for 81 Jharkhand assembly seats today, exit polls predict hung assembly
- Jharkhand Exit Poll Results 2019 LIVE: Spick Media Network predicts Mahagatbandhan to form govt
- Jharkhand Exit Poll Results 2019 updates: It is advantage for JMM-Congress
Fox News general election exit poll summary have 315 words, post on www.foxnews.com at November 9, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.