President-elect Donald Trump vowed he would do “spectacular” things for America and would prioritise slashing taxes, abolishing Obamacare and beefing up immigration controls. After meeting with Paul Ryan, the Republican Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Trump said he would begin work “very rapidly” after his inauguration. He said: “We are going to lower taxes. I think we are going to do some absolutely spectacular things for the American people. We can’t get started fast enough, whether it’s health care or immigration.” Mr Trump also immediately began plotting his first major appointments, with allies including Sarah Palin under early consideration for Cabinet jobs. His “transition team” was understood to be considering former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani for Attorney General or national security adviser, and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was tipped for a foreign policy post. As Mr Trump met with President Barack Obama in the Oval Office , his son-in-law Jared Kushner, who has become a close confidante, was seen on the White House South Lawn with Mr Obama’s chief of staff Denis McDonough, leading to suggestions he could take over that job. It was also reported that a senior person on the transition team contacted JPMorgan… Read full this story
- Donald Trump's 'Salute to America': Where to watch live stream of president's speech at Lincoln Memorial
- Trump Vows To ‘Take America Back’ At Iowa Rally, Sparks More Speculation About 2024 Bid
- Salute to America: White House scrambling to give away tickets to Donald Trump's Fourth of July event—Report
- Polling finds higher church attendance correlates with more support for Donald Trump among white Christians
- Trump Vows to End 'American Carnage' After Being Sworn in as 45th President
- His Tone Dark, Donald Trump Takes G.O.P. Mantle
- Read full text of Donald Trump's farewell speech on final day of presidency
- Donald Trump election prediction: Did Nostradamus predict outcome of US Election?
- What Donald Trump Has Been Doing Since Leaving the Hospital: Campaigning, Tweeting & Some Governing
- Donald Trump mocked for saying the Continental Army took over the airports in 1781—122 years before Wright Brothers' first flight
Donald Trump vows to do 'spectacular things' for America have 341 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at November 10, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.