PORTLAND, Ore. — As protests of President-elect Donald Trump entered another day, police in Portland, Oregon, say one person was shot and injured by a man who had gotten into a confrontation with a protester and then opened fire. Portland police said the victim was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries and they were looking for a male suspect, who got out of a vehicle and fired multiple shots early Saturday morning on a Willamette River bridge before fleeing in the vehicle. The shooting followed rowdy Friday night protests, when police used tear gas in response to "burning projectiles" thrown at officers, police said on Twitter. Hundreds of people marched through the city, disrupting traffic and spray-painting graffiti. Authorities reported instances of vandalism and assault during a rally that organizers had billed as peaceful earlier in the day. Anger over the election has had some violent and ugly results, CBS News correspondent Marlie Hall reports. A video posted to social media shows David Wilcox, a white Trump supporter, being beaten by a group of African-Americans following a traffic dispute in Chicago. "Somebody yelled, 'That's one of them white boy Trump supporters,' and then I said, 'What does… Read full this story
- A timeline of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz's roller coaster relationship
- Donald Trump offers a grim warning about the West's political future
- In Opinion: 13 different ways of looking at Donald Trump
- Yes, it IS a Muslim ban: Why Donald Trump's travel ban is as bad as it sounds
- Donald Trump fires acting Attorney General who refused to defend Muslim ban because it 'may not be lawful'
- Donald Trump: Transgenderism Ensures GOP Is the Party of Women
- Donald Trump's call logs show almost 8 hour gap while January 6 protesters stormed Capitol
- Donald Trump to Russia: Find Hillary Clinton's "missing" emails
- Counter-petition SUPPORTING Donald Trump's state visit to the UK hits 100,000 signatures
- Kremlin official laments Donald Trumps Twitter ban, praises Fox News
Donald Trump protester shot during Oregon demonstration have 321 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at November 12, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.