Dong Nai River polluters to face strict penalties By Van Nam – The Saigon Times Daily HCMC – The Environment Protection Committee of the Dong Nai River Basin has asked 11 provinces in the river basin to impose heavy fines on those polluting the river. Pollution in the Dong Nai River basin is worsening in some places due to the low awareness of producers, according to the committee. The discharge of untreated industrial wastewater into the river is the main cause of pollution. Upstream forest destruction by hydropower projects, mineral mining and craft villages have affected the ecological balance in the basin. Despite playing an important role in the economic development of the 11 provinces in the southern region, the Dong Nai River is under the pressure of severe pollution with around 500,000 cubic meters of wastewater discharged from some 60 industrial parks and over one million cubic meters of wastewater from urban areas each day. Therefore, it is urgent to protect the water resource to ensure supply for over 15 million people in the basin, including HCMC, Dong Nai, Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc, Tay Ninh, Binh Thuan, Lam Dong, Long An, Dak Nong, Ninh Thuan and Ba Ria-Vung Tau….
- Dong Nai records fast FDI disbursement
- Heavy rains leave one dead, hundreds of houses submerged in Dong Nai
- Japanese firm eyes investment in Hanoi river pollution treatment
- River pollution: Negligent officials will be prosecuted, says NGT panel
- NGT panel irate with scant effort to control river pollution in Jalandhar
- Former Adelaide woman facing death penalty in US forced to hand prosecutors her DNA
- San Diego officials to pressure U.S. and Mexico to fund a fix for Tijuana River pollution
- PG&E facing state penalties over 2017 wildfires
- Brit ISIS gang 'The Beatles' face death penalty after being extradited to the US
- YNW Melly Facing Death Penalty in Best Friend Murder Case
Dong Nai River polluters to face strict penalties have 313 words, post on at October 25, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.