Rumors of “cheap speed” prescriptions and speculation about cocaine use notwithstanding, celebrity real estate developer and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump enjoys a decades-old reputation as a teetotaler. That did not, however, stop him from employing a convicted cocaine trafficker in the 1980s. In October 1985, Joseph Weichselbaum, the general manager of the helicopter service that shuttled VIPs to and from Trump’s Atlantic City casinos, was named in an 18-count indictment accusing him of being a marijuana and cocaine trafficker. Convicted of grand larceny and embezzlement in the ‘70s, Weichselbaum, prosecutors stated, “was a felon even before becoming a drug dealer.” (According to Spy magazine, Weichselbaum’s firm also maintained, stored, and flew Trump’s personal helicopter, Ivana.) The 1985 indictment alleged that Weichselbaum ran his narcotics operation from Miami, where he would buy kilos of cocaine from two Colombian brothers, Francisco and Walter Ramirez, which he would then sell to smaller dealers in the parking lot of a car dealership owned by his younger brother. The customers would then distribute the drugs in Ohio, Kentucky, and North Carolina, prosecutors alleged. In court filings obtained by the Smoking Gun, Weichselbaum’s lawyer argued that his client had gotten into drug trafficking as a… Read full this story
- Donald Trump’s campaign ‘communicated with WikiLeaks before election’
- Donald Trump meets victims of Valentine's Day school shooting
- Tony Blair denies claim he told Donald Trump the UK was spying on him
- Donald Trump 'works five-hour day starting at 11am'
- Donald Trump's State of the Union address fact-checked: The reality behind the president's statements
- Donald Trump 'not aware' of invite to Harry and Meghan Markle wedding
- Twitter users slam Piers Morgan's ITV interview with Donald Trump: 'A drooling sycophant'
- Tony Blair says claims he warned Donald Trump of UK spying a complete fabrication
- Donald Trump under fire over 'racist outburst' in immigration meeting
- World reacts with anger after Trump calls Haiti and entire African continent 'shithole countries'
Meet the Convicted Cocaine Trafficker Donald Trump Called a 'Credit to the Community' have 315 words, post on theslot.jezebel.com at September 27, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.