HCM City’s IIP surges 7% in seven months Notably, key industrial sectors, such as mechanical and manufacturing industry, electronics, chemicals, rubber and plastics and food processing, posted a year-on-year rise of 7.3 per cent, higher than the average growth of industry as a whole. This was attributed to their efforts to expand markets, update technology with new equipment and improve product quality and competitiveness, the municipal people’s committee said. Sectors that posted growth in production are food and beverages (14.3 per cent), non-metallic products (21.3 per cent) and machinery and equipment (32.1 per cent). In July alone, the city’s industrial production index rose by 3.1 per cent. During the month, the processing sector and industrial parks focused on drawing hi-tech investment projects and supporting business activities to record turnover of US$3.16 billion in exports and $3.17 billion in imports. The IIP in the first seven months of last year grew by 6.6 per cent. Power sector asked to help reduce housing costs The HCM City Real Estate Association yesterday asked the local Electricity of Việt Nam (EVN HCMC) branch to pay for building the electricity grid for projects being incurred by developers. Chairman of the association Lê Hong Châu said…
- Suns open busy week with defensive test vs. Rockets
- Plenty of jobs up for grabs as Marlins emerge from busy offseason, get ready for 2018
- The decision to bring Darren Carrington to Utah was a gamble. As his brief time in SLC comes to an end, that gamble has paid off.
- For Real Salt Lake's Jefferson Savarino, Venezuela's civil strife is never far away
- The Latest: US lawmaker: Were bombers targeting Americans?
- The Latest: Brussels Airport to stay closed until Saturday
- The Latest: Family fears for US couple missing since attacks
- The Latest: Bahamas probes Brussels attacker's nationality
- The Latest: Israel offers Belgium anti-terror expertise
- The Latest: Officials: Paris bombmaker among Brussels dead
BUSINESS IN BRIEF 14/8 have 303 words, post on at August 13, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.