The tire iron-swinging cabbie who beat his wife’s would-be rapist to death must wait until next month to learn if he’ll face criminal charges. A final decision in the case against Mamadou Diallo was postponed Wednesday until Sept. 7 pending completion of the official autopsy report in the May 30 brawl that left Earl Nash dead. A disappointed Diallo, who faces an assault charge in the fatal brawl, hoped the count would be dismissed by Judge Mark Whiten. “I don’t know nothing about the law,” said Diallo. “The law decided to do something … I cannot do nothing. For me, I don’t want problems — and problems are coming to me.” Diallo, 61, wore a dark suit, light blue dress shirt and black leather shoes as he entered the Bronx Supreme Court building flanked by 10 family members and friends. Another 20 additional supporters joined them inside the courtroom. Several of the Diallo boosters wore white T-shirts emblazoned with the Daily News front page “SAVES WIFE FROM RAPE. Hero hubby beats punk to death.” “When Mr. Diallo left home that morning, he didn’t go out to commit a crime — he went to work,” said his attorney Anthony Michaels. “He’s… Read full this story
- EXCLUSIVE: Top court slashes jail term for 'animalistic' rapist, 18, who tore his victim's hair out with his teeth in the 'worst sex crime of a judge's career'
- Pedophiles in prison: The hell that would have awaited Epstein if he'd stayed behind bars
- The Queer Crime That Launched the Beats
- All we know about Joseph DeAngelo, the Golden State Killer suspect who became a ‘normal grandpa’
- Why Your Team Sucks 2019: Detroit Lions
- The Creepiest Part Of Resident Evil 2 Didn’t Involve Zombies
- Would You Rather Be Born Old Or Die Young?
- Requiem For A Forgotten Globetrotter
- The Game That Brought Jim Bouton Back From Exile
- Rae Carruth, The Women Who Loved Him, And The One He Wanted Dead
Bronx cabbie who beat wife’s would-be rapist to death with a tire iron awaits decision on assault charge have 312 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 10, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.