Story highlights Hillary Clinton’s FBI interview followed Bill Clinton’s meeting with attorney general Events fuel the narrative that the Clintons operate under different political rules (CNN)The optics could hardly be worse. Three weeks from the Democratic National Convention as most Americans are jamming airports, firing up the grill or looking forward to Fourth of July fireworks, Hillary Clinton was at FBI headquarters — for a full three and a half hours — answering questions about her use of a private email server for official business as secretary of state. Though not unexpected, that news broke in the context of a fresh political storm. In a stunning act of bravado, her husband, former President Bill Clinton, met privately with Attorney General Loretta Lynch aboard her plane Monday while both were on the tarmac at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Clinton’s long-awaited questioning by the FBI Saturday signaled that the agency is wrapping up its probe into whether she or her staff did anything illegal by setting up a private email server while running American foreign policy. Sources tell CNN the expectation is Clinton will not face charges. Bill Clinton says he regrets Lynch meeting Read More But when paired with Bill… Read full this story
- She Ended the Men’s Club of National Politics
- He Voted to Impeach. Can He Survive in the GOP?
- Saturday Night Live can't quite squander Fleabag's Phoebe Waller-Bridge, but it tries
- Bob Dole, Old Soldier and Stalwart of the Senate, Dies at 98
- Unwanted Truths: Inside Trump’s Battles With U.S. Intelligence Agencies
- After Capitol Riot, Elected Officials Under Pressure Back Home
- Committee points to Meadows's Jan. 6 role
- Joe Biden accepts Democratic nomination: ‘I will draw on the best of us’
- Spider-Man: No Way Home, Money Heist, Aarya, and More: December Guide to Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, Prime Video
- A White teacher taught White students about White privilege. It cost him his job.
Clintons return to political storm have 312 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 3, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.