NEW YORK (AP) Leah Still is a lively, outgoing 5-year-old who’s looking forward to some special things.Her dad, Houston Texans defensive end Devon Still, will marry the love of his life, Asha Joyce, on May 13 with Leah leading them down the aisle as their flower girl in a pink dress she’s designing herself.And next year, Leah gets to go to real school as a first grader, leaving behind the tutor she had after battling cancer and 50-50 odds of surviving stage-four neuroblastoma, which she was diagnosed with back in June 2014.Survive she did, her dad documenting their journey on social media and in interviews to raise awareness of pediatric cancer. Devon and Asha, who met in 2012, got engaged in July 2014 – both their birthdays – but they put their wedding plans on hold while Leah underwent treatment for the rare, aggressive form of cancer.It was a year on March 25 that Leah has been in remission, leaving doctors and medicine and feeling yucky behind.”I’m doing good,” Leah said in a recent interview. ”I’ve been doing interviews like this the whole time. It was like so much interviews. It was so crazy.”The time between diagnosis and remission has… Read full this story
- Cincinnati Bengals Player, Devon Still, Honored Alongside Daughter
- New Orleans Saints Coach Buys 100 Devon Still Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys
- Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman shares story of cancer fight
- Immune-Based Treatment Helps Fight Aggressive Breast Cancer, Study Finds
- Veteran U.S. senator McCain ends cancer treatment
- Harris, daughter of Indian and Jamaican immigrants, defines herself simply as 'American'
- 'Be better, not bitter': How one Breast Cancer survivor created a multi-million dollar beauty line
- Millennials on the Move: Timea Gaines Shares 3 Ways to Bounce Back from Business After Cancer
- Saturn ruled this scientist's life for 40 years -- here's why she's begging NASA to go back after Cassini's death
- GM staff reflect on Janesville plant closing 10 years later
Devon Still reflects on life, daughter Leah's cancer journey have 313 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 13, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.