Less than half of states in the US require that students at public high schools take a personal finance class before they graduate. At the end of the day, many of us are never taught money basics – we simply learn through trial and error upon entering the “real world.” Here are 15 essential money concepts to grasp that may have slipped through the cracks in grade, middle, and high school. “We spend tons of time helping kids write essays on why they want to go to college – we teach them how to apply and get into college, but we never teach them how to pay for it,” says Jean Wilczynski, financial adviser at Exencial Wealth Advisors. “It’s just a black box of financial aid.” In 2013, a full 70% of college students graduated with debt, averaging $30,000 in student loans each – and a shocking number of students are completely unaware that they have loan debt. It’s crucial to understand what your debt repayment schedule is going to look like and how long you’ll be paying back loans after college, Wilczynski tells Business Insider: “Think about that in terms of what you think your salary is going to… Read full this story
- Corporate America: Put your money where your mouth is on racial equality
- University bound? Here’s how to pick a bank account and manage your cash
- Trump pointed to European nations in his call to reopen schools. These charts show US is nowhere near them
- Parents find themselves digging up new options on schooling just weeks ahead of academic year
- Letter signed by 1,500 paediatricians demands Boris Johnson publish a clear plan for getting children back to school before generation of pupils are left 'scarred for life'
- How to claim free school meal vouchers in the UK?
- Last chance for parents to sign up for £90 summer free school meal vouchers
- Who qualifies for free school meals and where to get a summer voucher - explained
- Last day to apply for free school meal voucher worth £90
- Warning as just days left for parents to sign up for summer free school meal vouchers
15 lifelong money lessons you’re never taught in school have 343 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at April 26, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.