This year’s Tribeca Film Festival will include a screening of a film by Andrew Wakefield, the former doctor who was stripped of his medical license after authoring a discredited study that implied a link between vaccines and autism. A spokesperson for the film tells Jezebel that there will be “celebrity support” for the film at the screening. Andrew Wakefield, who lost his medical license in the United Kingdom in 2010, was one of the speakers aboard the Conspira Sea, a cruise for conspiracy theorists I recently attended for Jezebel. He was promoting his anti-vaccination film at the time, then provisionally titled Injecting Lies. In an early presentation, he claimed that Leonardo DiCaprio was involved in helping to promote the film. (He denied having said that when I asked him about it a few days later.) None of the reporters onboard the ship were allowed to see Injecting Lies. It was one of a handful of times when we were made to leave the room during presentations deemed too powerful for the media to witness. Wakefield told us he had “worked too hard” to allow the film to be seen by journalists before it was fully ready. Meanwhile, Wakefield told Conspira… Read full this story
- Hong Kong - The New Screen Content Hub During a Hubbub
- "Goddess Remembered" - A Film Reflection
- Things to Do in April in New York City
- A Travel Guide to Seattle
- Acting As a Profession - Proper Set Behavior For Principle and Extra Actors
- Finding Investors For Your Movie Project
- Why Bacteria May Be the Cause of Colon Cancer Symptoms
- Heath Ledger Case - Death by Prescription?
Tribeca Film Festival to Screen Film By Former Doctor Who Claimed Link Between Vaccines and Autism have 265 words, post on jezebel.com at March 21, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.