Plenty of people start their day with a cup of coffee to get them going, but Florida Panthers star Jaromir Jagr is not your average coffee fan. The 44-year-old does not stop at just one cup of joe. He told the Wall Street Journal recently that he was drinking 10 cups of coffee per day. Anyone worried about that volume of caffeine intake can rest easy, however. Jagr also told the Wall Street Journal that he kicked the habit for Lent. Via Deadspin:Jagr is a veritable fountain of youth. At 44 years old, he continues to put up points at an astounding pace, leading the Panthers in scoring with 47 points (21 goals, 26 assists) in 60 games this season. The Czech native also boasts 1,849 career points and sits one point behind Gordie Howe for third on the NHL’s all-time scoring list. That Jagr went through caffeine withdrawal for Lent and continues to produce for the Panthers only adds to his aura. Perhaps Jagr could follow in Tim Horton’s path and go into the coffee shop industry should Jagr re-adopt his coffee habit after Easter.
- Jagr flirting with NHL return
- Day 10 Olympics roundup
- Woman sues In-N-Out Burger in hot-coffee case, says workers refused to call 911 after she was burned
- Bad coffee leads to embezzlement case against law firm worker
- A World Cup Away: Wounded Syrians Use Soccer to Heal as War Rages Around Them
- Do coffee baristas serve up too much while wearing too little? Cities enact new laws, conduct raids
- Woman is in hot water over spilled-coffee claim against McDonald's
- Documentary on 'Hot Coffee' Case Airs on HBO; Public Approves, Tort Defense Blog Sees Flaws
- Suit says Starbucks puts too much ice in cups; rep calls it 'essential component' of iced drink
- Hospital Tech Criminally Charged in Hepatitis Case Worked at 10 Jobs in 4 Years Despite Drug Issues
Jaromir Jagr drops his daily 10 cups of coffee for Lent have 296 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 3, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.