UPDATE, MARCH 1 1:27 PM: Like last year, the Oscars had a few stragglers when it came to viewership. Nielsen is now reporting that the total audience for the 88th Academy Awards has eked up to 34.4 million with a key demo rating of 10.5/31. That’s a rise of a tenth among adults 18-49 and just 100,000 in total viewership and still has Sunday’s Chris Rock hosted show as the third least watched Oscars ever and an 8-year low for the telecast. Additionally, it looks like that decline from 2015 had little to do with African-American viewers boycotting the ceremony over the #OscarsSoWhite controversy. Viewership among the demographic dipped just 2% from last year, according to Nielsen. PREVIOUS, FEB 29 AM: The Oscars were all given out last night at the 88th Academy Awards but despite one of the most anticipated opening monologues in years due to the diversity controversy, it turns out there is no gold, nor silver or bronze for ABC. With 34.3 million total viewers watching the Chris Rock hosted shindig from the Hollywood and Highland on Sunday, the Oscars took a tumble this year to hit an 8-year low and the third lowest viewership ever. Related… Read full this story
- Chris Rock and Jimmy Kimmel Joke About Not Hosting 2021 Oscars: 'I Was Like a Backseat Driver'
- Neither Warren Beatty nor Chris Rock could improve upon Here Comes Mr. Jordan
- The Ratings For Award Shows Are Tanking
- Springwatch’s Chris Packham lands new show charting ‘wild summer’ with Megan McCubbin
- Arts review of the year: Rises and falls from Sampha and Turner-prize winner Lubaina Himid to Kevin Spacey
- Every state's most iconic rock venue
- All the Easter eggs we found in Castle Rock season 2
- Chris Cuomo is about to return from vacation to CNN - and to an uncomfortable spotlight
- Parks And Recreation returns with a care package of much-needed hope
- From Nomadland to The Father, how to watch this year's Oscar-nominated films
Oscar Ratings: Chris Rock’s Return As Host Draws 34M Viewers In 8-Year Low have 311 words, post on deadline.com at February 29, 2016. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.