Archetypes are part of most Heisman Trophy races, and with three of the major ones covered in this year’s competition, Saturday’s announcement is even harder to predict than normal.Alabama’s Derrick Henry will be joined by Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey and Clemson’s Deshaun Watson, a small group that could either mean a landslide victory or an extremely close race.Here’s thinking it’s the latter.Henry is an even more amplified version of fellow Tide alum and 2009 winner Mark Ingram. He’s a steady workhorse running back at the forefront of one of the nation’s best teams.Meanwhile, the player Ingram beat out for his trophy, Stanford’s Toby Gerhart, is being replicated — and then some — by another record-setting Cardinal back in McCaffrey, who took down Barry Sanders’ all-purpose yardage mark.Watson, like Robert Griffin III in 2011 and, to a degree, Cam Newton in ’10 and Johnny Manziel in ’12, took a program, put it on his shoulders and lifted it to a different level.What will voters hold in highest esteem?● The offensive focal point of the best team in the conference that, defending a national title or not, has defined the sport for nearly a decade?● An all-purpose monster who brought down a 27-year-old… Read full this story
- Rabalais: Louisiana's DeVonta Smith could be on the cusp of historic Heisman Trophy win
- Ed Orgeron's 2021: Winning expectations, 'sense of urgency' and AD's warnings to stay out of politics
- Spectator wins challenge to court order in Alex Salmond case
- FMIA Super Bowl LV: Strange Season, Normal Result—Tom Brady Wins His Seventh Title, Leads Bucs Over Chiefs
- Why the 5 "Best Internet Meme" Finalists Went Viral [INTERVIEWS]
- Ashton Turner out to crack finisher's role in T20Is
- Denver makes Amazon’s HQ2 finalist list — along with 19 other cities
- Commentary: Biden races to the White House finish line. What does this mean for America?
- 2011 Predictions: Macworld's annual forecast of the year ahead
- Ledecky wins 3rd title in Texas; Lochte reaches 1st final
Heisman forecast: Who wins? Expect finalists to finish in this order have 327 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 8, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.