PARIS (AP) The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris. (All times local): 10:05 p.m. A German security official has denied reports that explosives were found outside the stadium where Germany had been due to play a soccer match against the Netherlands. Boris Pistorius, the interior minister for Lower-Saxony state, also told reporters late Tuesday that there had also been no arrests in the case. Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said the friendly match in the northern city of Hannover was canceled after German authorities received information about a possible planned attack on the stadium. A second stadium in the city, which was going to hold a concert, was also evacuated. Top government officials including de Maiziere and Chancellor Angela Merkel had been scheduled to attend the game as a sign of defiance following the Paris attacks. — 9:55 p.m. Germany’s top security official says the decision to cancel the soccer match between Germany and the Netherlands was made after authorities received mounting information during the course of the day about a possible attack. Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere told reporters he wouldn’t name the source of the information that led to the match in Hannover being called off shortly… Read full this story
- Ariana Grande Manchester Concert Ends in Explosion, Panic and Death
- Germany's floods bring climate policy into focus in election year
- France and Germany tried suspending England from Euros because of Brexit: 'Out means out'
- England and Germany to renew epic rivalry at Euro 2020
- Ancient volcanic region in Germany is moving in an unusual way, scientists discover
- US reports several explosions heard in Eritrea's capital
- Germany debates relaxing COVID curbs as incidence rate rises
- Mystery explosion rips through Israeli ship in Gulf of Oman –hours after US attack on Iran
- Quarrying site collapse kills at least four, injures two in northern Vietnam
- Brexit breakthrough: Merkel to offer Boris KEY hope as she's fearful 'Germany will suffer'
The Latest: No explosives found stadium in northern Germany have 312 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 17, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.