PARIS (AP) The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris. (All times local): — 5:55 a.m. An official says a large police operation is under way in the Paris suburb of Saint Denis and it’s believed to be linked to the deadly attacks on the French capital. The police official says there have been exchanges of gunfire and special SWAT teams are on the scene. The official was not authorized to be publicly named according to police policy. Police have blocked off the area around Place Jean Jaures in Saint Denis, just north of Paris. French authorities have said they are searching for at least two people involved in last Friday’s attacks, which killed at least 129 people and 7 terrorists. Ambulances can be seen and sirens heard in French television footage from the scene. — 3 a.m. President Barack Obama says he’s taking a wait-and-see approach on whether Russia does more to focus on Islamic State targets in Syria, which the U.S. would ”welcome.” Intensified Russian airstrikes Tuesday hit the Islamic State’s stronghold of Raqqa, Syria, that is also being pounded by the French after the Paris attacks that killed 129 people. The airstrikes came after Russia’s FSB security… Read full this story
- Cheating, croissants, couture: Young Parisians revile cliché-packed 'Emily in Paris'
- Police seize illicit drugs and knives in three-day operation. But some say poverty, not crime, the problem
- Paris Bombing Suspect Abdeslam Wanted to Blow Himself up at Stadium
- Djokovic could play in France under latest vaccine rules
- Robbinsdale City Council Member Tyler Kline Charged With DWI, Fleeing Police
- S'pore police used drone to track & arrest suspect who fled into forested area near Jalan Bahar
- Forget Eurostar! Flying car to 'change travel forever' with trips between Paris and London
- Senior Tory to meet police over 'blackmail' claims against Boris Johnson's whips
- In 2 operations in 48 hrs, ANC seizes narcotics worth Rs 46L
- 'Bulli Bai' case solved with arrest of mastermind from Jorhat, says Delhi Police
The Latest: Large police operation under way in Paris suburb have 320 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 18, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.