Given the lack of significant competition at the box office, it should probably come as no surprise that the top two films remained the same for the second week in a row.Spectre, the 24th installment of the James Bond franchise, continued its box-office dominance with a $35.4 million weekend in the U.S. that brought the film’s total worldwide gross to more than $543 million. The film’s impressive pace has put it right behind 2012’s Skyfall as far as earnings go, but it’s still trailing behind all three of Daniel Craig’s other adventures as Agent 007 from a critical standpoint. Given the underwhelming reviews, it will be interesting to see how long Spectre can keep up its momentum.The most successful new movie of the weekend was the ensemble film Love the Coopers, a holiday comedy with a cast that includes Alan Arkin, John Goodman, Ed Helms, Diane Keaton, Anthony Mackie, Amanda Seyfried, Marisa Tomei, and Olivia Wilde. The film earned a decent $8.4 million for the weekend, but it’s ridiculously poor reviews could get in the way of its extremely holiday-friendly theme when audiences are deciding which movie to check out with the family. #TitleWeekendU.S. TotalWorldwide Total1.Spectre$35.4M$130.7M$543.8M2.The Peanuts Movie$24.2M$82.5M$90.6M3.Love the Coopers$8.4M$8.4M$8.4M4.The Martian$6.7M$207.4M$477.9M5.The 33$5.9M$5.9M$18.5M6.Goosebumps$4.7M$73.5M$103.2M7.Bridge of Spies$4.3M$61.7M$80.9M8.Prem Ratan Dhan… Read full this story
- Daniel Craig looks brooding as James Bond in images from No Time To Die while Rami Malek reveals the 'unsettling' nature of villain Safin in new video
- Daniel Craig looks suave as he transforms into James Bond and goes after enemies in action-packed new poster for No Time To Die
- James Bond movies: Watch Connery or Craig to get started with 007
- Aquaman Director James Wan Is Making A New Van Helsing Movie
- The Queen cancels Christmas gift-giving ceremony for royal staff for the first time in her reign due to Covid - as she prepares for a 'quiet' yuletide at Windsor with Prince Philip
- Supreme Court REJECTS Republican plea to overturn Joe Biden's victory in Pennsylvania without even hearing it - as Donald Trump's campaign admits his only chance now is to get Congress to void Electoral College
- 'The Supreme Court let us down': Trump rages after SCOTUS rejects Texas AG's bid to overturn Biden's election victory and pardoned Roger Stone joins Proud Boys and hundreds protesting the outcome in Washington
- Texas AG files Hail Mary legal bid to overturn Joe Biden's victory by asking Supreme Court to rule out millions of 'unconstitutional' mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia and Wisconsin
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Supreme Court rejects bid by Trump allies to overturn election results
- Paul Walker's brother speaks out on legacy the 'Fast and the Furious' star left behind: 'I miss him everyday'
Box office hits and misses: James Bond and Charlie Brown reign supreme for another week have 470 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at November 15, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.