What’s better than a week to celebrate gaming in Australia? Meeting with a plethora of incredibly talented developers who work tirelessly to show a game they’ve poured sweat, blood and tears into. I didn’t just sit around and interview hardware companies like Alienware and Newegg during the Melbourne International Games Week, I got to pick at the brains of various independent developers from around Australia and even from across the ocean! Here’s some highlights and impressions I had of some of the many wonderful games and developers at the press event before PAX as well as during PAX: Wander – The Music RoomOne of the first things I wanted to check out was the Wander team’s next project ‘The Music Room’. The first thing I can say straight away is that they know how to create their worlds. The Music Room is a HTC Vive experience that utilizes both the head gear and hand controller to place you in a strange small world with strings and buttons to touch. When you reach out and touch the strings you produce a musical note. Looking around in the 360 degree environment, you’ll see a set of different strings for a different instrument and buttons to play a bassline. In… Read full this story
- The UK's indie games sector is ripe for further investment
- Clash of Clans owner Tencent is coming to London Games Festival
- The Division 2 Patch Notes and new updates coming to the game next week in patch 2.1
- New games out this week: The Division 2, Hypnospace Outlaw, Rico
- Daniel McDonnell: 'McCarthy's squad to highlight continued importance of the tried and trusted'
- Daniel McDonnell: The players' dressing room conversation and one moment from Hendrick that highlighted Ireland's progression
- 'I think he's one of our best players but he's not playing games'
- New Game of Thrones teaser image of Bran Stark highlights importance of Weirwood trees in White Walker battle, says theory
- Ireland's Niamh Farrelly salutes the boom in women's football as she targets international success
- Game of Thrones star Kit Harington dreams of becoming a dad to replace ‘most important job’ on hit TV series
15 Indie game highlights during the Melbourne International Games Week have 349 words, post on www.gamespresso.com at November 7, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.