More than four decades after choppers lifted the last U.S. troops back across the world, Viet Nam’s Da Nang Hi-Tech Park hums with activity. The park, one of several established as part of Viet Nam’s 2020 IT Master Plan, houses offices and factories for a growing number of international IT and software companies, hardware manufacturers, and infrastructure plants powering the central Vietnamese city at the heart of a tech boom.Today’s Viet Nam—with a population of over 93.5 million and a median age of 30.3 years old—is defined by a growing population of young coders, engineers, entrepreneurs, and students driving economic growth and technological innovation. For them, the country’s war-torn past is a history lesson, not a memory.Viet Nam barely had any IT companies 15 years ago, but now there are close to 14,000 IT businesses spanning hardware, software, and digital content. The Vietnamese government sees the tech sector as the linchpin of the country’s economic growth, according to Mr. Long Lam, CEO of QuangTrung Software City (QTSC), Viet Nam’s largest software park. It has heavily invested in infrastructure and passed economic policies encouraging both domestic and international entrepreneurs to start businesses.From Viet Nam’s northern capital of Ha Noi to the… Read full this story
- Bokhari: From Utopian to Petty – Silicon Valley’s Decade of Decline
- Facebook Insider Spills Secrets on Office Culture, Zuckerberg’s Odd Birthday Tribute [Updated]
- China's tech industry straps in for more turbulence after a wild 2019
- California Is Booming. Why Are So Many Californians Unhappy?
- China’s tech industry braces up for more turbulence after a wild 2019 thanks to the US
- In Asia Pacific the climate crisis is happening now, not in the future
- Online firms face hardship amidst ecommerce boom in Vietnam
- Google Employees Are Mad YouTube Didn’t Lower The Boom On Steven Crowder
- The ‘Fast Company’ tech team’s favorite stories of 2019
- African Women in Tech Look to Artificial Intelligence
VN’s Tech Boom: A Look Inside Southeast Asia's Silicon Valley have 319 words, post on news.chinhphu.vn at September 7, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.