HCM CITY (VNS) — Phu Quoc Island in the southern coastal province of Kien Giang in recent years has attracted a huge number of tourism projects, with 136 projects now being implemented at a total registered capital of VND144 trillion (US$6.6 billion). The projects cover a total area of 5,110 hectares, according to the provincial people’s committee. Major property developers, such as Vingroup, the BIM Group, the Sun Group, and the CEO Group, are ramping up their construction with the aim of opening as soon as they can. The $1 billion Vinpearl Phu Quoc resort on Bai Dai Beach in Ganh Dau Commune opened to visitors early this year. It is the largest tourist project in Phu Quoc. Vingroup is also developing a zoo on an area of 500 hectares in Ganh Dau and Cua Can communes. Considered to be the world’s second largest when completed, the zoo is expected to open up many opportunities for socio-economic development of the island district. In addition, the Sun Group is developing a resort complex on South Island with a capacity of 1,000 five- to six-star rooms, scheduled to open on April 30, 2016. The Sun Group has also received approval to build… Read full this story
- Phu Quoc is now a global destination. Is that a good thing?
- Where to eat, sleep and watch sunsets on Vietnam's Phu Quoc Island
- Fusion Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Saudi Arabia's huge investment fund is setting up shop in London and New York
- In Greece, an Economic Revival Fueled by ‘Golden Visas’ and Tourism
- Airbnb invests in India's biggest hotel company
- Investing in tourism and the arts boosts Mass. economy
- Turkey Lures Chinese Tourism as Syria Drives Wedge Between Erdogan and Putin
- Kentucky's coal mining towns seek revival from tourism
- Lions, leopards, and ... lessons? How safari tourism boosts rural education.
Phu Quoc reels in tourism investment have 307 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 12, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.