As the summer movie season starts winding down, one more superhero movie will vie for box office supremacy this weekend, as 20th Century Fox’s Fantastic Four takes on last weekend’s winner, Paramount’s Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation. Fantastic Four will also be facing Lionsgate’s Shaun the Sheep, STX’s The Gift and TriStar’s Ricki and the Flash, plus a few indies debuting in limited release. Fantastic Four should have no trouble taking the top spot, despite a rash of negative reviews. Fantastic Four is expected to debut in the $40 million range, which will be more than enough to win at the box office, opening in 3,995 theaters. It certainly could debut much lower though, if movie goers respond more to the overwhelmingly negative movie reviews for this superhero reboot over the next three days. Fantastic Four currently has a paltry 10% “Rotten” rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but we’ll have to wait and see if audiences still show up in droves despite this harsh critical reception. Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation will drop to second place in the high $20 million range, which should be just under a 50% drop for the action movie. The Gift is expected to debut in third place… Read full this story
- Bala Box Office Prediction (Day 1): Will Ayushmann Khurrana's Film Hit A Jackpot At Box Office?
- Jersey VS Kanchana 3 Box Office Prediction: A Good Contest Is On Cards!
- War box office prediction: Hrithik Roshan-Tiger Shroff film may open at massive Rs 45 cr, earns Rs 25 cr in advance sales
- Bala box office prediction: Ayushmann Khurrana expected to mint moolah
- Saaho box office predictions: Prabhas-starrer could open with more than Rs 60 cr, might beat Avengers Endgame, Kabir Singh
- Housefull 4 box office predictions: Akshay Kumar film expected to earn Rs 100 cr in first few days, Made In China and Saand Ki Aankh to fare well
- Weekend box office: Avengers: Endgame’s opening weekend breaks all the records
- Student of the Year 2 box office day 3: Tiger Shroff’s film earns Rs 38.83 cr, actor parties with Tara Sutaria, Ananya Panday
- Jersey Vs Kanchana 3 AP And TS Box Office Collections Update: Raghava Lawrence Overpowers Nani
- Meeku Maathrame Cheptha box-office collections: Tharun's debut film collects 4.05 Cr in the first weekend
BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS: Can Fantastic Four Win the Weekend? have 378 words, post on movieweb.com at August 7, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.