HA NOI (VNS) — A night dedicated to West African music will be held at CAMA ATK bar on Saturday, July 4, from 8pm onwards.
Entitled “West African Waves”, the night promises to submerge guests in the vast horizon of different sounds and styles to emerge from the region over the last half century.
From traditional percussive rhythms from Cameroon and the first forays into a syncretic, funky sounds attempted by Highlife in the 60s in Ghana and Benin, all the way over to Nigerian Afrobeat and its modern house-infused edits emerging globally – DJ Dan Lo will be picking them out of his collection with the specific aim of making the room dance.
Entrance VND50,000. — VNS
- West African states mired in controversy over 'Eco' currency
- UN court to rule next week in Rohingya genocide case
- Art blooms in gritty Dakar neighbourhood
- New Hope Named One Of America's 'Best Christmas Towns'
- Kolkata giants Mohun Bagan merges with ATK FC
- Kim Kardashian West looks fierce in tiger print dress
- West Indies Bowlers Need to be Patient as it's a Batting Pitch: Devendra Bishoo
- 1st Test: Devendra Bishoo's Five-Wicket Haul Puts West Indies In Control vs Zimbabwe
- Newsletter: The uncertain fate of West Hollywood’s log cabin
- ‘You have to stand up to illegitimate authority’: what veteran abortion activists can teach us in the Trump era