By Shaun RanftOver the past couple weeks, we’ve discussed the summer transfer window—whether it be about club-specific moves or the changing dynamic of a window as a whole. In no particular order, today’s piece focuses on a variety of topics, including but not limited to: transfer strategies, inflation and avid reporting. The Art of Making Up StoriesAlternatively titled “Everything’s a Link,” this heading receives its inspiration from social media reporting. In the summer months leading up to the new season, it’s incredibly difficult to wrap your head around each and every rumor that appears in print, and that’s because in today’s world no team or player is safe from the Internet.Say you’re minding your own while sipping on coffee and catching up on yesterday’s news; suddenly this appears.Are you watching closely?Mario Götze—you know, the 23-year-old midfielder whose extra-time goal won the 2014 World Cup for Germany last year in Brazil—on a loan deal to Juventus. It is so far-fetched that the only thing that makes sense is the club receiving the player: Serie A giants Juve, and it does so because they have both the highest transfer budget and wage bill in Italy. And even then, the kid already plays… Read full this story
- Soccer Transfers: United offload Lukaku, Spurs strengthen as window shuts
- Moise Kean’s dad admits sending son to Everton was a ‘mistake’ and begs him to join Roma in January transfer window
- Hoax trick: College scam Svengali scrambled to get UCLA spot for faux-soccer star after bribed officials at USC misplaced her application in the general admissions pile
- Mario Mandzukic remains a transfer option for Manchester United
- Gareth Bale back on transfer watch after trip to London
- 11pm Arsenal news LIVE: Wenger earns FIFA job, Man Utd in Haaland transfer race, Arteta free to take manager job
- 9am Arsenal news LIVE: Wenger takes Fifa job, Man Utd in Haaland transfer race, Arteta free to take manager job
- Real Madrid reps hold talks in Paris over stunning £250m Neymar transfer… with Gareth Bale used as a bargaining chip
- Thierry Henry signs for New York Red Bulls on 'multi-year contract'
- Former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba signs for MLS side Montreal Impact
Loathing and accepting soccer’s transfer window have 370 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 25, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.