Photo: Maya Robinson and Photo by Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images It's difficult to remember now how precious the blues seemed to rockers in the 1960s. The blues were a serious matter , meant to be played a certain way. Rock bands always fooled around with doing the blues louder and with less finesse, of course, but beyond that, folks like Eric Clapton were the models, with their sincere embarkations into the music. They were done with brio, but with probity and respect, too. Jimmy Page put an end to all of that with Led Zeppelin, the band that broke the blues and created something new — hard rock, heavy metal, whatever you want to call it. We blink — and many years have passed. Now we have the latest (and definitive, we're told) remastering of the band's now-historic catalogue. The final group of three albums — including Presence , In Through the Out Door , and Coda — is out this week. The sound sparkles, and the many early versions and mixes of some fabled tracks will thrill fans. Below is my list of all of the band's original studio albums, ranked from worst to best. But first, a little… Read full this story
- Closer entrance songs, ranked
- Song leads Women’s World Championship by 2 shots
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Rankings: Outfield
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Rankings: Starting Pitcher
- Metrics 101: Ranking the NBA's Top 10 Free Agents This Summer
- Power Ranking Every NFL Offense, Post-Draft
- NHL Power Rankings 2015-2016: Habs, Capitals, Stars, Kings Among Hockey's Best Teams In Early Going
- Where Would LeBron's Cavs Rank Among Worst Modern NBA Finals Teams?
- NBA Power Rankings: Can Rockets, Raptors carry impressive seasons into playoffs?
- Top 25 Under 25: Ranking NFL's Best Young Stars Ahead of the 2018 Draft
All 74 Led Zeppelin Songs, Ranked have 285 words, post on www.vulture.com at July 30, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.