PHOENIX — Devin Armani Booker wasn’t given his middle name because his father, Melvin, played for Italian basketball team Armani Jeans Milano. It’s only coincidence, yet the name fits like a well-tailored suit.The 18-year-old likes his style and knows it helps portray him as a professional and as a basketball player — one who after being selected 13th overall by the Phoenix Suns during Thursday’s NBA Draft can easily afford a fine suit.Booker’s professionalism, work ethic and maturity may well have helped his path to professionalism come quicker than expected. Melvin Booker didn’t force basketball on his son. His European basketball career meant he was away from Devin most of the year, but Devin’s motivation to improve his game only grew during summer visits with his father.”My mom never let me go to Russia when he was over there,” Booker said Friday when he was introduced in Phoenix. “She ended up finally letting me go later in his career, when he was playing in Italy — actually for Armani Jeans. I got to meet Giorgio Armani.”My dad was actually playing with (Nuggets forward) Danilo Gallinari. I think I was 12 at the time. Danilo, we played one-on-one, and it just gave… Read full this story
- Rumor: Knicks could trade for Suns star Devin Booker
- Kendall Jenner Implies She's Banging NBA's Devin Booker
- Report: Kings trading No. 8 pick Marquese Chriss to Suns for four draft picks/rights
- Davis and Booker clash in Los Angeles-Phoenix matchup
- 2020 NBA Mock Draft 3.0: Is James Wiseman the No. 1 overall pick?
- WNBA players and coaches admit playing without fans will be tough, vow competition will remain fierce
- A’s officially ink top pick Tyler Soderstrom, fifth-pick Emanuels, three others
- Michael Vick says Tua Tagovailoa plays like Steve Young
- Phoenix Suns sign Cameron Payne to two-year contract
- Look for these LSU players and recruits in upcoming MLB Draft
Suns draft pick Devin Booker groomed to play professionally have 309 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 26, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.