The topic of death is something that isn’t regularly spoken about, but for some people, it’s their life. Cari Vaughan has been working at Coop funeral care for 14 years. She is a funeral service operative and trainee embalmer. It’s her job to care and prepare the deceased before their funeral. This includes anything from washing, curling and straightening hair to make up, nails, clothes and setting people’s features by closing their eyes and mouth. “It’s very satisfying in the way that you make someone look presentable for their loved ones to come and see them,” she said. Swansea Funeralcare Mortuary is the only custom built medical grade mortuary facility in Wales and it cost £1.7m to build. It can store up to 62 bodies at one time. The aim is for no bodies to remain there for longer than 48 hours. Cari has shed more light on what happens there. What happens when a body first arrives? When a deceased person arrives at the mortuary they will be taken into the arrivals room by ambulance crews on a stretcher. “Everyone is transferred from the stretcher to the tray, where they are undressed – we make sure that they are… Read full this story
- Amazon fires: The tragedy of the couple who died protecting their home
- These Police Body Camera Videos Just Cast Doubt On Dozens Of Gun And Drug Convictions
- What Happens If Driverless Cars Cause A Drought Of Organ Donations?
- Necropsy Shows German Whales Died With Stomachs Full of Plastic Junk
- The Best Way to Feel Younger: 1 Exercise That Will Change Your Body Most, According to Science
- I Nearly Died Last Week. Here’s What I Learned
- A Mortician Tells What It's Like To Work With Dead Bodies Every Day
- Fasting could prevent ageing and transform your body, but it goes against everything we think of as healthy
- 25 horrible things that happen if you don't get enough sleep
- 'Mr Melbourne', business giant and Grand Prix boss Ron Walker, has died, aged 78
This is what happens to your body after you die have 327 words, post on www.walesonline.co.uk at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.