FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) The New England Patriots’ two rookie guards are helping each other study the team’s complex offensive schemes.They’ve already learned a much simpler strategy.No matter what the question, answer cautiously or risk the wrath of their secretive coach.Tre’ Jackson and Shaq Mason were drafted in the fourth round and have a chance at considerable playing time at a position where the Patriots need help.They were among four of this year’s draftees who met with reporters Thursday.One of them, third-round pick Geneo Grissom, said he was nervous to be speaking.”I don’t want to say the wrong things,” the defensive end from Oklahoma said.Mason also was careful not to say anything that might upset coach Bill Belichick. On four consecutive questions on different subjects, he used the phrase, ”trying to get better.”The former Georgia Tech star is rooming with Jackson, who attended Florida State. That gives them more time to study and have someone to clear up something that confuses either of them.”It’s great to have someone who is in the same boat as you,” Jackson said. ”(I’m) just trying to get better with him. You’re making him better. He’s making me better.”Another fourth-round pick, defensive end Trey Flowers from… Read full this story
- Barnwell: This Patriots defense is the best in NFL history. Can it really keep it up?
- Five ways the perfect Patriots can get better
- 27 thoughts on the Patriots' win over the Browns
- Can Browns keep Mayfield from seeing Patriots ghosts?
- Patriots get wide receiver Mohamed Sanu from Falcons, report says
- Patriots preview: The ‘Browns are back’ preseason hype was a little much
- What’s going on with Patriots rookie Damien Harris? He’s just waiting his chance
- Rookie QBs main focus in matchup
- Super Bowl: Philadelphia Eagles stun New England Patriots in thrilling game
- Patriots give their take on the Sam Darnold-Daniel Jones debate
Rookie guards studying Patriots complex offensive system have 320 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 28, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.