An Indian court sentenced Bollywood film star Salman Khan on Wednesday to five years in prison for killing a man in a hit-and-run accident, the latest twist in the tumultuous career of one of the country’s biggest box-office draws. The district criminal court’s order drove down shares of firms connected to the actor and, if upheld, will derail major projects in the pipeline of what is the world’s most prolific movie industry. Khan later secured two days of interim bail from Mumbai’s high court and will return to court on Friday for a hearing on having the bail extended. The criminal court convicted Khan, 49, of culpable homicide on charges that he lost control of his white Toyota Landcruiser when driving under the influence of alcohol in 2002, and rammed into a group of people sleeping on a pavement. Khan, instantly recognizable by his muscular build, denied being behind the wheel, contradicting the testimony of several witnesses. In March, the actor’s driver said he had driven, while Khan rode in the passenger seat. In his verdict, Judge D.W. Deshpande said Khan had in fact been driving the car. “Finally, justice has been done,” said senior lawyer Abha Singh, a petitioner…
- Salman Khan, Disha Patani’s Radhe to continue its Mumbai shoot despite coronavirus spread: report
- Why Salman Khan Got FURIOUS After Learning About Arbaaz Khan's IPL Betting Controversy?
- Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan cancel international tours over coronavirus: report
- Priyanka, Deepika defeat Salman Khan!
- Govind Namdev to return with Radhe Your Most Wanted Bhai: ‘Salman Khan comes with a lot of positivity’
- Salman Khan clearly had a hard day at work, wipes sweat off his face in BTS pic from Radhe shoot
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan won’t be a part of Andaz Apna Apna sequel, says director. Here’s why
- Salman Khan, Disha Patani cancel Radhe’s Azerbaijan shoot over coronavirus outbreak: report
- Coronavirus outbreak: Salman Khan's US, Canada event pushed ahead
- Dabangg 3 writer Dilip Shukla says he is writing Andaz Apna Apna sequel, film won’t happen without Salman Khan, Aamir Khan
Bollywood star Salman Khan gets 5 years in prison for deadly hit-and-run have 341 words, post on at May 6, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.