Game of the night: San Antonio Spurs 111, Los Angeles Clippers 107.In a critical Game 5 battle with the series tied 2-2, a basket interference call on the Clippers’ DeAndre Jordan with 4.3 seconds left helped the defending champion Spurs hold on and regain home-court advantage in the best-of-seven, first-round series on Tuesday night.After a 7-1 run, the Clippers trailed 108-107 with 30 seconds left. The Spurs’ Danny Green missed a 3-pointer, setting up Los Angeles for a chance to take the lead following a timeout with 6.9 seconds to go.Blake Griffin caught the inbounds pass at the corner of the foul line, took one step into the lane and floated the ball toward the basket. As the ball danced around the rim, Jordan tipped it in with 4.3 seconds remaining.However officials ruled Jordan touched the ball while it was in the cylinder, negating the basket. The ruling was upheld after a video review.”It was a dumb play,” said Jordan, who sat at his locker long after the game ended. “I hit the ball. We did a good job fighting to put us in a situation to go up one. You can’t blame anybody on that but me. I tipped… Read full this story
- NBA Finals Game 2 tickets already cost than Game 1 tickets
- NBA Finals 2022: Warriors top Celtics in Game 6 to win championship
- Jayson Tatum Is the NBA’s Most Boring Superstar
- NBA free agency 2022: 45 players who could be available, including Zach LaVine, Deandre Ayton, Jalen Brunson
- 2022 NBA free agency: 45 players who could be available, including Zach LaVine, Jalen Brunson, Miles Bridges
- Wiggins Delivers On Both Ends, Warriors Lead NBA Finals 3-2
- Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Game 6 picks, betting odds: Golden State should close out Boston, claim title
- Can the Warriors keep beating Nate Silver's nonsense numbers machine in the NBA Finals?
- Warriors collapse in 4th quarter to lose Game 1 of Finals
- Warriors' Klay Thompson has advice for Jordan Poole after rough NBA Finals start: 'Turn off your phone'
NBA playoffs: Jordan’s illegal tip-in costs Clippers in Game 5 loss have 323 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 29, 2015. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.